Nduja di Spilinga is a hot and spicy spreadable salami from Italy, that is readily available in deli’s and online from Amazon. It has a distinct fiery flavour, and is an ingredient that we keep handily in our fridge. Here are a few of our favourite uses.
1. Italian scrambled eggs on toast. Delicious spread thinly on hot toast (the heat from the bread will make the paste more spreadable) topped with some soft, slowly cooked scrambled eggs.
2. Stirred through cooked pasta. Add a teaspoon to some freshly boiled and drained spaghetti in a similar fashion to pesto. Top with a few gratings of parmesan to balance the heat of the salami.
In Tim Hayward’s The DIY Cook, he combines Nduja di Spilinga with cooked linguine and freshly cooked crab meat.
3. Turbo-charge a burger. Spread on one side of your burger bun, for a spicy alternative to ketchup.
4. Use to season new potatoes. Having drained your potatoes, return them to the hot pan, and add a small teaspoon of Nduja. Mix well, to ensure each potato is lightly coated.
5. Spice up a ragu. When cooking a bolognese, add a teaspoon to the pan after browning the meat.Find Flavour Seeker on social media: